Aged & Disability Services
The services offered by our Aged and Disability Services team focus on assisting the frail aged and those with a disability to continue living in their own homes and being actively involved in their community. Our trained staff assist clients with achieving their desired care plan goal, support and encourage clients to have independence by following a wellness and reablement approach.
Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) Services are available to frail, older people (aged 65 years and over or 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) who need assistance with daily living to remain living independently at home and in the community.
How can I receive home support (CHSP)?
Referrals can be made by general practitioners and health professionals, community service workers and the families and friends of potential clients. Self-referrals are also welcome.
Referrals can be made by phoning My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 between 8am to 8pm on weekdays and between 10am and 2pm on Saturdays. If you would like some help talking to My Aged Care call us, we are happy to assist.
Referrals can also be made online at the My Aged Care website www.myagedcare.gov.au
Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACCPYP) services are available to people with disabilities under the age of 65 years who need assistance with daily living to remain living independently at home and in the community.
How can I receive home support (HACCPYP)?
Referrals can be made by general practitioners and health professionals, community service workers and the families and friends of potential clients. Self-referrals are also welcome. Simply call 55937100 and ask to speak to the Aged & Disability services team.
How much will it cost?
Clients are required to pay a small fee for home support services, if they can afford to. A schedule of the fees will be provided to you. You can at any time contact the office for an up to date schedule of fees.
We ask clients to complete an income assessment in order to determine the fees to be paid. Our Service Provision Coordinator will run through this with you when you commence services or whenever your services are reviewed.
What kind of help can I get?
You can get assistance with day-to-day tasks with which you may need assistance.
Our services include:
- Home care: Practical assistance and support with routine household tasks such as vacuuming, mopping, washing, changing beds, shopping and meal preparation where required.
- Home maintenance: this safety-focused service includes mowing, light gardening and repairs not requiring a tradesperson.
- Personal care: Assistance is provided with personal care including showering, dressing and toileting. All staff providing this service have a minimum of Certificate III in Aged Care/Community Care work.
- Respite care: Provides carers with respite from their responsibilities and the opportunity to participate in community, social and family activities.
- Meals on Wheels: This service provides a midday meal for older residents or residents with a disability. Meals are available seven days a week through the north of the Shire and are delivered by volunteers.
- Community Transport: This service, provided by volunt is available for eligible clients to attend medical and other specialist appointments where alternative transport is not available. Transport can be provided to regional centres and to Melbourne. More information? Click here.
Are there any social activities I can join?
Planned Activity Groups operate in Skipton, Lismore, Cobden, Terang and Camperdown. Activities may include art and craft, music, games quizzes and excursions. Adult Day Centres offer a meal, recreation and socialisation opportunities for older age-groups and people with disability.
Senior Citizen Clubs operate in Skipton, Lismore, Cobden, Terang, Timboon and Camperdown and offer a variety of social and recreational activities for people 50 years and over.
For details of your nearest Adult Day Centre or Senior Citizen Club, visit our Community Directory or contact us on 5593 7100.
Disabled Parking Permits - enablethe holder of the permit to part in any designated Disabled Parking area, Australia wide. More information? Click here.
Do you want to talk to someone about our services?
For more information please contact our Aged & Disability Services Team on 5593 7100.
For aged, community and disability services in the south of the Shire (Cobden, Simpson and Timboon areas), you will need to contact Timboon & District Health Care on 5558 6033.
Supported by the Australian Government Department of Social Services. Visit the Department of Social Services website www.dss.gov.au for more information.
Corangamite Shire acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.