Corangamite Shire

Council Services

Ranger Services

As part of Council's efforts to enhance and protect the public safety and amenity of the community, a number of rangers are employed to maintain animal control and welfare through the Shire.

Council's qualified Rangers are here to help.  They can advise and intervene in cases involving:

  • Stray animals
  • Excess animal noise, eg barking dogs
  • Threatening/attacking animals

For any issues relating to animal welfare, please contact the RSPCA on 9224 2222 or visit the RSPCA website for more information.

For more informaiton or to contact a Ranger, phone 5593 7100.

In emergency situations, such as wandering stock on the road, our officers can be contacted on 0419 561 049 (for areas north of the Princes Highway), and 0408 330 807 (for areas south of the Princes Highway).

In the case of stock found wandering on the major highways (Princes Hwy, Hamilton Hwy, Glenelg Hwy and Great Ocean Road), you will need to contact VicRoads on 13 11 70.