Corangamite Shire

Council Services

Local Laws

Corangamite Shire enforces a number of State Laws as well as its own Local Laws.  These laws govern the types of activities that can be conducted within the Shire.  Permits must be obtained from the Shire to ensure certain fundraising events, business activities, farming enterprises and fire management procedures are conducted in a manner that ensures that the public safety and amenity of the community is protected.

Did you know that you require a permit for:

  • Conducting a raffle in the townships of Corangamite Shire
  • Displaying advertising signs at Camperdown's four major entry points
  • Display a sign on a roadside
  • Using some of Camperdown's parks and gardens for special events
  • Certain types of fundraising in the townships of Corangamite Shire
  • Having chairs and tables outside a restaurant or cafe
  • Using a sandwich board to promote your business
  • Displaying goods for sale outside a shop
  • Grazing your animals on the side of the road
  • Excess animals
  • Undertake an activity on a road reserve

Need to know more?

For more detailed information visit Our Local Laws or to download our General Local Law document or Livestock Local Law document below:


What happens if I receive an Infringement Notice?     Read more >>